Saturday 13 December 2014

Pretty Dead

When new customers walk into Glendale, Arizona’s Ritual Addictions Tattoo and are confronted with Rachelle Nicole Hoffman who is all legs, breasts and horror tattoos more often than not they think she is just the shop girl. Nope, she’s the boss lady. “The look on people’s faces when I tell them that it is my shop, just gives me a little extra push every time to just keep doing my thing in this male dominated business and take it as far as I can,” she says.

Like her body, the shop is horror-themed with every corner housing a huge monster. “I think my favorite thing about horror is the escape from reality,” Rachelle says. “It also really stands out from everything else, it’s not the typical ‘pretty thing.’” And on her the macabre looks quite pretty. “I grew up on horror movies, I remember watching them as young as two years old and loving them. Halloween has always been my favorite time of the year and I figured it would be something I would never get sick of—that’s why I started my sleeve and once it was done I decided to go all out for a full horror movie body suit.” Her tattooer isn’t at her shop, he is Sirris Slay, the owner of Ink Therapy also in Glendale. Their friendship grows as her collection of tattoos flow down her body.

“He did exactly what I was looking for on my leg,” Rachelle says. “I would have to say my Freddy and my Shining pieces are probably at the top of the list. A goal of mine is to get each piece autographed, then tattooed right after, so the autographs I have so far are also up there in my top favorites.”



Source:http://bit.ly/1pEh9tp

No comments:

Post a Comment